Top Ten Songs of the Seventies
What are your top ten favorite songs from the 70s?
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
By: Digney Eisner
- 10. Gone by Highest Point
- 9. I Wanna Have Sex by Highest Point
- 8. Wanna Join by Highest Point
- 7. 3456 by Highest Point
- 6. Ursa by Highest Point
- 5. Taddun by Highest Point
- 4. Havana by Highest Point
This song is great.
- 3. Please by Highest Point
- 2. Don't Go by Highest Point
- 1. Kicked Out by Highest Point
This song is pretty good if you like some fast parts and some slow parts.
Highest Point is amazing.
- 10. Dancing Queen by ABBA
These guys were so underrated!
- 9. MacArthur Park by Donna Summer
Wasn't she the hottest black chick in the 70's!!!
- 8. Last Train To London by ELO
- 7. Yesterday Was Just The Beginning Of My Life by Mark Williams
Classic New Zealand music from the 70's!!! Do you like 70's Disco??? Check this out then!
- 6. Baby It's You by Promises
Great track and better video!
- 5. Is This Love by Bob Marley
The first Reggae I ever heard... and best Reggae track still!
- 4. Cafe Regio's by Isaac Hayes
Cool beat and one of my early favourites...
- 3. Halfway Hotel by Voyager
Just great to listen to...
- 2. I'm In You by Peter Frampton
This has got to be Peter Frampton's best-released song - stunning!
- 1. Afternoon Delight by Starland Vocal Band
I don't know why I really like this song... it has a nice harmony, it's very easy listening and reminds me of good times in my life back in the 70's...
These are in no particular order. I loved the 1970's!!!
By: Mike Hawk Is Bigger
- 10. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love by Van Halen
David Lee Roth rocks!
- 9. Hotel California by Eagles
- 8. Urgent by Foreigner
- 7. Roxanne by The Police
- 6. Who Are You? by The Who
- 5. The Logical Song by Supertramp
- 4. Hey You! by Pink Floyd
Two songs off of 'The Wall'... greatest album ever!
- 3. Baba O'Reilly by The Who
- 2. More Than A Feeling by Boston
Awesome song. Their debut album is still number one of all-time among debut albums.
- 1. Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd
Need I say more? The best song ever made!
- 10. Feel Like Makin' Love by Bad Company
When I think about this song, I feel like makin' love.
- 9. The Story Of The Hurricane by Bob Dylan
Now that's the way to tell a story; awesome song! 8:31 long and never a dull moment.
- 8. Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? by Rod Stewart
Had to add a little disco; fun song.
- 7. Riding The Storm Out by REO Speedwagon
- 6. Fat Bottom Girls by Queen
What a cool song; big booty girls were even popular in the 70's. Queen only had about a hundred other good songs.
- 5. Hot Blooded by Foreigner
Foreigner rocked in the 70's.
- 4. Hotel California by Eagles
I could name about 10-15 good Eagles songs; this one is my fav though.
- 3. More Than A Feeling by Boston
Basically any Boston song is great, but this one really gets you movin'.
- 2. Too Late, Feelin' That by Journey
I honestly could make a top ten of Journey songs from the 70's... they just had better songs in the short term of 70's music with Perry and Rollie.
- 1. Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' by Journey
Steve Perry is simply amazing. Now it's your turn to cry, na, na, na, na, na
I could easily name about 200 favorite songs from the 70's... it's way too hard to narrow to 10. I just put some of my favs that most people didn't put on their lists. Everyone knows 'Stairway To Heaven' and Pink floyd are awesome... let's give a little credit to the other guys.
By: David Malovich
- 10. Turn The Page by Bob Seger
- 9. Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd
- 8. Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- 7. American Pie by Don McLean
- 6. Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd
- 5. Hotel California by Eagles
- 4. July Morning by Uriah Heep
- 3. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
- 2. Stairway To Heavan by Led Zeppelin
- 1. Shine On You Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd
- 10. Any Colour You Like by Pink Floyd
Maybe it shouldn't be on this list, but I've been listening to it a lot lately. Really good instrumental song. Probably my favorite Pink Floyd song.
- 9. Dy'er Ma'ker by Led Zeppelin
Makes me feel so good.
- 8. I Was Made For Loving You by KISS
Best KISS song! This disco song really rocks.
- 7. Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin
- 6. All Along The Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix
This cover by Jimi Hendrix of a song by Bob Dylan is really good and the guitar is absolutely incredible.
- 5. Voodoo Chile by Jimi Hendrix
Awesome guitar playing with cool effects.
- 4. Let It Be by The Beatles
- 3. Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin
A really great and entertaining classic rock song.
- 2. Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin
I can't make a list of top ten songs without putting this song on it. You probably understand why.
- 1. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You by Led Zeppelin
One of my favorite songs from my favorite band. Led Zeppelin is the best band of the 70's. This song is awesome. It begins with a slow and beautiful guitar melody and ends with the heavy guitar chords and the high-pitched shouting of Robert Plant. John Bonham's simple but efficient drumming makes the song even more incredible.
My list could go on forever...I was born in 1989. My dad made me discover the music of the sixties and seventies and I just wish I could go back in time and live in those years that seem so great.
By: B. Hall
- 10. Walk This Way by Aerosmith
- 9. Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- 8. Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd
- 7. Life's Been Good by Joe Walsh
- 6. Breakdown by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
- 5. Won't Get Fooled Again by The Who
- 4. Hotel California by Eagles
- 3. Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin
- 2. Paradise By The Dashboard Light by Meat Loaf
- 1. Money by Pink Floyd
By: Randy Lee S.
- 10. Sweet Lorraine by Uriah Heep
- 9. Wizard by Uriah Heep
- 8. Breaking The Law by Judas Priest
One for law breakers.
- 7. Metal Gods by Judas Priest
- 6. (Don't Fear) The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult
- 5. Hold Your Head Up by Argent
- 4. Layla by Derek & The Dominos
- 3. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love by Van Halen
- 2. Green Grass, Hi Tides by Outlaws
- 1. You Really Got Me by Van Halen
Great cover from onehelluva great album.
- 10. Wild Nights by Van Morrison
Cause the WILD NIGHT is calling.
- 9. Dreams by Fleetwood Mac
Just a song I love to sit and chill to!
- 8. Dy'er Ma'ker by Led Zeppelin
Just a song that is sooo good.
- 7. So Into You by Atlanta Rhythm Section
Another great song to make love with your sweetie to.
- 6. Magic Man by Heart
Just a great song to do a dance for your man to. Makes him feel GREAT!!!!
- 5. Teenage Lampet '74 by Alice Cooper
Just another song relating to my teenage years.
- 4. Brand New Key by Melanie
My favorite song to sing at the karaoke bar.
- 3. Disco Lady by Johnnie Taylor
Love the song.
- 2. Photograph by Ringo Starr
Just brings back so many memories. Love to sit at home and look a pics while this song is on.
- 1. Breakfast In America by Supertramp
Just a SWEET song!!!
There are just too many good songs to give a top TEN!!!! This was probably just the songs I wanted to hear for 70's Saturday for today on 105.9 KGBX in Springfield, Missouri. Just love it and wish I was brought up in this whole generation time period!!!!
- 10. Friends by Led Zeppelin
Ah, Led Zeppelin (get used to them :))! I don't know what exactly I love about this song, but it's great. "I'm telling you now, the greatest thing you ever can do now, is trade a smile with someone who's blue now."
- 9. Fortunate Son by Creedence Clearwater Revival
Great song that is often misunderstood (it's not a patriotic song, people, it's an anti-war song!) Great song by the great band CCR!!
- 8. Kashmir by Led Zeppelin
Man, come on, awesome song, even if the riff is repetative, who cares, this song ROCKS!
- 7. All Things Must Pass by George Harrison
Such a sad song...but so good. I want this played at my funeral (nice thought, huh?)
- 6. All Right Now by Free
Awesome song, I love playing it while I'm driving with the windows down and radio full blast. Yes, I AM that cool! :P
- 5. Peace Train by Cat Stevens
This song is so uplifting, and Cat Stevens is so cool. Enough said.
- 4. Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin
I have to sing along to this song every time I hear it, and let's not forget, scream out "AHahhhhhhhhhhhAH!"
- 3. Imagine by John Lennon
Awesome song, gives me the shivers every time I hear it. I love John Lennon, even though he's not my favorite Beatle (look at #7 to see who that is)
- 2. Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Now, I don't care if you like Lynyrd Skynyrd or not, you HAVE to like this song, I mean come on, just listen to the guitar at the end!
- 1. What Is Life by George Harrison
This song makes me so happy, I can't even explain. It reminds me of a nice sunny day where the grass is so green and everyone is having fun. Yes, I imagine all that every time I listen to it.
I wish I could put EVERYTHING from "Let It Be" on this list. I didn't put "Let It Be" on here because it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the songs on that album. Also, everything from Led Zeppelin (since I only included things from Led Zeppelin III), The Who, Ramones, Queen, Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, The Stones, James Taylor.....ah....so many others....
Previous List or Next List
This page currently edited by: CeramicsFanatic. Past editor: ChuckyG
We also have pages on this topic devoted to the 80s and 90s
Would You Like To Add Something We Missed?
Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page.