Seventies Lyrics Quiz Answers
Song Lyrics - Accumulated by 'Retro Joe' McElhone
No Jewel, Alanis Morrisette, Hanson, or Celine Dion. Only good music from the 70's. Enjoy!!!
(Hint: No artist has more than one song on this entire list!! -- Yes, that also includes the Bee Gees!!)
The Questions WITHOUT Answers Are Available Here
- "Think of me, babe whenever... some sweet talkin' girl comes along, singing a song."
"Love Will Keep Us Together" Captain & Tenille
- "I need a drink and a quick decision."
"She's Gone" Hall & Oates
- "When I look back on all the crap I learned in high school, it's a wonder I can think at all."
"Kodachrome" Paul Simon
- "Some people choose the city, some others choose the good ol' family home"
"Philadelphia Freedom" Elton John
- "My buddy's Jim Bass he's a working pumping gas and he makes $2.50 for an hour."
"Gold" Jon Stewart
- "Something happened along the way and yesterday was all we had."
"After the Love is Gone" Earth, Wind & Fire
- "My woman takes me higher. My woman keeps me warm."
"You Should be Dancing" Bee Gees
- "All of your brothers over in Africa tell all the folks in Egypt and Israel too."
"Love Train" The O'Jays
- "I laughed at all of your jokes. My love you didn't need to coax."
"Maggie May" Rod Stewart
- "If I could, baby I'd give you my world. How can I, when you won't take it from me?"
"Go Your Own Way" Fleetwood Mac
- "Underneath the covers, the answer lies."
"Undercover Angel" Alan O'Day
- "Then my only worry was for Christmas what would be my toy."
"I Wish" Stevie Wonder
- "I never knew there was so much love keeping me warm night and day."
"When I Need You" Leo Sayer
- "My motto's always been 'When it's right, it's right', why wait until the middle of a cold, dark night?"
"Afternoon Delight" Starland Vocal Band
- "Now how could I ever refuse? I feel like I win when I lose!!"
- "Darling, you'll always be the only one for me -- heaven made you specially."
"Could it be I'm Falling in Love" The Spinners
- "I'd rather be a fool with a broken heart than someone who's never had a part of you."
"Lead Me On" Maxine Nightengale
- "All that pressure got you down. Has your head spinning all around."
"Freak Out" Chic
- "I want to make you understand I'm talking about a lifetime plan."
"Reminiscing" Little River Band
- "We got a thing goin' on."
"Me and Mrs. Jones" Billy Paul
- "I need you, by me, beside me to guide me."
"Last Dance" Donna Summer
- "I saw your face and that's the last I've seen of my heart."
"You are the Woman" Firefall
- "Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear."
"Sing" The Carpenters
- "Baby, baby, I'll meet you -- same place, same time."
"Get Down Tonight" KC & Sunshine Band
- "The cities and towns I've been in -- from Boston to Denver and every town in between."
"It's a Miracle" Barry Manilow
- "The clothes she wears, her sexy ways, makes an old man wish for younger days."
"Brick House" The Commodores
- "Life ain't nothing but a funny, funny riddle!!!"
"Thank God I'm a Country Boy" John Denver
- "One floor below me, you don't even know me -- I love you."
"Knock Three Times" T. Orlando and Dawn
- "Well, I guess it must be the woman in you who brings out the man in me."
"Feels Like the First Time" Foreigner
- "I feel a change, something movin', I scream your name -- look what you've got me doin'!"
"Can't Get Enough..Babe" Barry White
- "Then the door burst open wide, and my daddy stepped inside, and he kissed my mama's face "
"The Night Chicago Died" Paper Lace
- "Well, I don't know why I came here tonight. I got the feeling that something ain't right."
"Stuck in the Middle w/ You" Stealers Wheel
- "Boy, oh boy have I got news for you!!"
"Boogie Oogie Oogie" A Taste of Honey
- "My lover, my lady is the sea."
"Brandy" Looking Glass
- "They want you as a new recruit!!!"
"In The Navy" Village People
- "Too many broken hearts have fallen in the river. Too many lonely hearts have drifted off to sea."
"The Things we do for Love" 10 CC
- "I'd rather live in his world, than live without him in my world."
"Midnight Train to Georgia" G. Knight & Pips
- "How's your life been going on? I've got a wife now, for years we've been going strong."
"How Much I Feel" Ambrosia
- "Conventionality belongs to yesterday."
"Grease" Frankie Valli
- "Satisfaction came in a chain reaction."
"Disco Inferno" The Trammps
- " and you know what I mean, it's the season."
"Let Your Love Flow" The Bellamy Bros.
- "You knew there'd come a day when we would have to say 'Good Bye'."
"Sad Eyes" Robert John
- "Can it be that it was all so simple then? Or has time re-written every line?"
"The Way We Were" Barbara Streisand
- "So I set my sights on Monday, and I got myself undressed."
"Sister Golden Hair" America
- "Ain't no doubt, we are here to party!"
"Boogie Nights" Heatwave
- "And what could ever lead you -- back here where we need you?"
"Welcome Back" John Sebastian
- "Oh, baby! -- gimme one more chance -- to show you that I love you."
"I Want You Back" The Jackson Five
- "We've been together since way back when."
"Still The One" Orleans
- "What does it matter to you? When you've got a job to do you've got to do it well."
"Live and Let Die" Paul Mc. & Wings
- "The night is young -- and full of possibilities."
"Ring My Bell" Anita Ward
- "Oh, I'm not bragging on myself, baby -- but I know somehow, someday, someway ."
"You'll Never Find" Lou Rawls
- "Try to take away my worries of today, and leave tomorrow behind."
"Dream Weaver" Gary Wright
- "You watch your friends, you better watch your friends, you better look out!!!"
"When you're in love..Woman" Dr Hook
- "And if one night, you hear crying from above -- it's 'cause .."
- "I see my Mary Anne walking away."
"More Than a Feeling" Boston
- "It's not in the way you look or the things that you say that you do."
"Hold the Line" Toto
- "All of a sudden I began to change I was on the dance floor acting strange."
"Disco Duck" Rick Dees
- "When I first found out, I hurt all over. I felt so left out 'til I got to know her."
"Angel in Your Arms" Hot
- "If you hear any noise, it ain't the boys."
"Ladies Night" Kool & The Gang
- "I'm riding in your car .you turn on the radio."
"Fire" Pointer Sisters
- "I think it was the 4th. Of July."
"Saturday in the Park" Chicago
- "It turned cold and that's where it ends. So I told her, 'We'd still be friends.' "
"Summer Nights" J Travolta/ONJ
- "They got little cars that go 'Beep!' 'Beep!' 'Beep'!"
"Short People" Randy Newman
- "You don't have to call nobody else. Send it off in a letter to yourself."
"Ricky Don't Lose That Number" Steely Dan
- "No pill's gonna cure my ill."
"Bad Case of Loving You" Robert Palmer
- "See her shake on the movie screen with Jimmy Dean JAMES Dean."
"Rock On" David Essex
- "You left me here on your way to paradise. You pulled the rug right out from under my life."
"Smoke from a Distant Fire" Sanford Townsend
- "Who can make a sunrise? Sprinkle it with dew."
"Candy Man" Sammy Davis Jr.
- "Well, I know it's kind of late. I hope I didn't wake you."
"So I have to ..in a Song" Jim Croce
- "Everybody here is out of sight. They don't bark and they don't bite."
"Dancing in the Moonlight" King Harvest
- "You might not ever get rich. But let me tell you it's better than digging a ditch!"
"Car Wash" Rose Royce
- "I really want to see you. I really want to be with you."
"My Sweet Lord" George Harrison
- "You don't know me, but I'm your brother. I was raised here in this living hell."
"Takin' it to the Streets" Doobie Bros.
- "I close my eyes. Only for the moment then the moment's gone."
"Dust in the Wind" Kansas
- "And they were dancin' and singin' and movin' to the groovin'."
"Play That Funky Music" Wild Cherry
- "I tried hard to forget it but I know my mind won't let it."
"I Just Wanna Stop" Gino Vannelli
- "I love the way it makes me feel about you, baby. For the whole wide world to see."
"The Best of My Love" The Emotions
- "I want to go where the people dance. I want some action I want to live!!!"
"I Love the Nightlife" Alicia Bridges
- "I kept on looking for a sign in the middle of the night."
"Couldn't Get it Right" Climax Blues Band
- "All of the bad feelings have disappeared. Here is that rainbow I've been praying for."
"I Can See Clearly Now" Johnny Nash
- "I play the radio on southern stations 'cause southern belles are here at night."
"Moonlight Feels Right" Starbuck
- "This song is for you filled with gratitude and love. God bless you!"
"You Make Me Feel Brd New" The Stylistics
- "When I wanted you to share my life, I had no doubt in my mind."
"Right Down the Line" Gerry Rafferty
- "So please believe me, my heart is in your hands. And I'll be missing you."
- "All you gotta do is smile and smile, and there go all my defenses."
"Here you come Again" Dolly Parton
- "I believe in miracles since you came along."
"You Sexy Thing" Hot Chocolate
- "Either way, it's OK, you wake up with yourself."
"My Life" Billy Joel
- "Only you can see me through I leave it up to you."
"Shadow Dancing" Andy Gibb
- "I used to think that life was sweet. Used to think we were so complete."
"We Don't Talk Anymore" Cliff Richard
- "I'll tell you once more, before I get off the floor."
"Don't Bring me Down" ELO
- "You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it I thank you all."
"We are the Champions" Queen
- "Shake it up, shake it down, move it in, move it around "
"Disco Lady" Johnnie Taylor
- "Well, I heard Mr. Young sing about us. Well, I heard ol' Neil put her down."
"Sweet Home Alabama" Lynard Skynard
- "You better take care if I find you've been creeping 'round my back stairs."
"Sundown" Gordon Lightfoot
- "You gotta have something, if you want to be with me."
"Nothing from Nothing" Billy Preston
- "Feeling better, now that we're through. Feeling better 'cause I'm over you."
"You're no Good" Linda Ronstandt
- "I hear you went up to Saratoga, and your horse naturally won."
"You're so Vain" Carly Simon
- "When the sun goes down, I get that empty feeling again. How I wish to God that you were here!!!"
"Baby Come Back" Player
- "Am I strong enough to see it through? Go crazy is what I will do."
"If I Can't Have You" Yvonne Elliman
- "And I don't know if I'm being foolish. I don't know if I'm being wise."
"Love is in the Air" John Paul Young
- "So I'd like to know where you got the notion."
"Rock the Boat" The Hues Corp.
- "If you ever get annoyed, look at me, I'm self-employed. I love to work on nothing all day."
"Takin' Care of Business" BTO
- "If there's a cure for this, I don't want it, I don't want it. If there's a remedy, I'll run from it, from it."
"Love Hangover" Diana Ross
- "I feel the warmth of her hand in mine."
"Laughter in the Rain" Neil Sedaka
- "We could go walking through a windy park, take a drive along the beach "
"I'd Really Love to See You Tonight" Eng Dan/ JFColey
- "My father was a gambler down in Georgia. He wound up on the wrong end of a gun."
"Ramblin' Man" Allman Bros
- "If I have to, I can do anything. I am strong. I am invincible."
"I am Woman" Helen Reddy
- "It's alright, once you get past the pain, you'll learn to find love again."
"Love Will Find a Way" Pablo Cruise
- "I fix broken hearts, I know, but I truly can."
"Handy Man" James Taylor
- "And when he died, all he left us was alone."
"Papa was a Rolling Stone" The Temptations
- "You put me high, upon a pedestal. So high that I could almost see eternity."
"You Needed Me" Anne Murray
- "You know you've got to go through hell before you get to heaven."
"Jet Airliner" Steve Miller Band
- "Take my heart, my soul, my money. But don't leave me here drowning in my tears."
"Don't Pull Your Love" HJFR
- "When I was young, I never needed anyone. Making love was just for fun, those days are gone."
"All By Myself" Eric Carmen
- "Your friends with their fancy persuasions don't admit that it's part of the scene."
"How Long" Ace
- "My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim .I had to stop for the night."
"Hotel California" Eagles
- "All right now, go!! Walk out the door!!"
"I Will Survive" Gloria Gaynor
- "Take it easy, don't you know, that I have never been loved like this before."
"Rock Me Gently" Andy Kim
- "There's one perfect fit and, sugar, this one is it."
"Reunited" Peaches & Herb
- "Those kicks were fast as lightning. In fact, it was a little bit frightening."
"Kung Fu Fighting" Carl Douglas
- "If only you believe like I believe, baby we'd get by."
"Miracles" Jefferson Starship
- "If I fear I'm losing you, it's just no good."
"Heart of Glass" Blondie
- "I wanna hold you 'til I die, 'til we both break down and cry."
"Sometimes When We Touch" Dan Hill
- "We'd hear it from the people of the town, they'd call us "
"Gypsies, Tramps, & Theives" Cher
- "Here's what we call our Golden Rule: 'Have faith in you and the things you do'."
"We Are Family" Sister Sledge
- "Well if you want to know how I really feel: Keep the cameras rolling, get the action going."
"More, More, More " Andrea True Conn.
- "Whatever will be, will be. The future is ours to see."
"Baby Hold On" Eddie Money
- "Darling, if you want me to love, love only you, then love only me."
"Get Closer" Seals & Crofts
- "Lord Almighty, I feel my temperature rising."
"Burning Love" Elvis Presley
- "You're everything I've hoped for. You're everything I need."
"You Are So Beautiful" Joe Cocker
- "Your love is my love and my love is your love. Our love is here to stay."
"To Be Real" Cheryl Lynn
- "Oh, dear Lord!!! Three things I pray."
"Day by Day" Godspell
- "I'm afraid that I'm not sure of... a love there is no cure for."
"I Think I Love You" David Cassidy
- "But I swear it was in self-defense."
"I Shot the Sheriff" Eric Clapton
- "Letters I've written never meaning to send."
"Nights in White Satin" Moody Blues
- "I wonder how you're feeling. There's ringing in my ears."
"Show Me the Way" Peter Frampton
- "It's been so long since I've seen her. I'm tired and so all alone."
"Walking in Rhythm" The Blackbyrds
- "And if you're wondering what this song is leading to "
"Make it With You" Bread
- "My Mazerotti does 185. I lost my license, now I don't drive."
"Life's Been Good" Joe Walsh
- "I must've been through about a million girls. I love 'em and I leave 'em alone."
"Fooled Around Love" Elvin Bishop
- "I never understood a single word he said, but I helped him drink his wine."
"Joy to the World" Three Dog Knight
- "Love to hear percussion!!"
"Turn the Beat Around Vicki" Sue Robinson
- "We're coming to your town, we'll help you party down."
"We're an American Band" Grand Funk Rail.
- "Loving both of you is breaking all the rules."
"Torn Between 2 Lovers" Mary MacGregor
- "If you're down and confused, and you don't remember who you're talking to."
"Love the One..With" Stephen Stills
- "I wonder, wonder, wonder, wonder who taught her how to talk like that."
"Low Down" Boz Scaggs
- "Now, teacher, don't you fill me up with your rules."
"Smokin' in the Boys Room" Brownsville Station
- "Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore."
"So Far Away" Carole King
- "Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?"
"Shaft" Isaac Hayes
- "Some silicone sister with a manager mister told me I got what it takes."
"Blinded by the Light" Manfred Mann
- " there on the sand from July to the end of September."
"Beach Baby" First Class
- "Strumming my pain with his fingers, singing my life with his words."
"Killing Me Softly" Roberta Flack
- "I always get it up for the touch of the younger kind."
"My Sharona" The Knack
- "You gotta love her tease her but most of all you've got to please her."
"Treat her Like a Lady" Cornelius Bros.
- "It's a fool's game nothing but a fool's game. Standing in the cold rain."
"It's a Heartache" Bonnie Tyler
- "Need you by my side, girl, to be my bride."
"Everlasting Love" Carl Carlton
- "I know it's late. I know you're weary. I know your plans don't include me."
"We've Got Tonight" Bob Seger/SB Band
- "To make her happy doesn't take a lot. She don't ask for things - no diamond rings."
"Ain't no Woman..Got" The Four Tops
- "I can read your thoughts right now. Everyone from A to Z."
"I'm Every Woman" Chaka Khan
- "I think I could stay with you, for awhile, maybe longer if I do."
"Amie" Pure Prarie League
- "I don't mind you coming here and wasting all my time."
"Just What I Needed" Cars
- "My girl is Cindy, when we get married, we're gonna have a baby or two."
"Playground in my Mind" Clint Holmes
- "Never believe it's not so!!!"
- "Sometimes in our lives, we all have pain, we all have sorrow."
"Lean on Me" Bill Withers
- "I will never no, no, never love again."
"The Love I Lost" H Melvin/Blue Notes
- "February made me shiver - with every paper I delivered."
"American Pie" Don McLean
- "Didn't I didn't I didn't I see you crying."
"I Want You to Want Me" Cheap Trick
- "You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one."
"Imagine" John Lennon
- "There's nothing to it - just say you want to do it. Open up your arms - and let the loving start!!"
"Rock Your Baby" George McCrae
- " .runnin' wild and lookin' pretty."
"Hot Child in the City" Nick Gilder
- "You can change your telephone number, and you can change your address, too."
"You Can't Change That" Raydio
- "I saw her head on to the table - with a tall, walking, big, black cat."
"Long, Cool..Black Dress" The Hollies
- "Just keep it inside, and learn how to hide your feelings."
"Don't Cry Out Loud" Melissa Manchester
- "If you're out on a date and you bring her home late, it's a sin."
"Your Mama..Rock & Roll" Loggins & Messina
- "You give me hope - to carry on."
"You Light Up My Life" Debby Boone
- "What I'd really like, Dad, is to borrow the car keys. See ya later can I have them, please?"
"Cats in the Cradle" Harry Chapin
- "Wrapped in your arms is where I want to be."
"Shame" Evelyn "Champ." King
- " grow apple trees and honey bees and snow-white turtle doves."
"I'd Like to Teach Sing" The New Seekers
- "I want you. I need you. But there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you."
"2 out of 3 Ain't Bad" Meat Loaf
- "Aye, aye, aye, aye, I just can't wait. Aye, aye, aye, aye, I got a date!!!"
"Saturday Night" Bay City Rollers
- "These little town blues are melting away."
"New York, New York" Frank Sinatra
- "When you hold me in your arms so tight, you let me know everything's alright."
"Hooked on a Feeling" Blue Swede
- " again and again and when I ask you to explain, you say, you gotta be "
"Cruel to be Kind" Nick Lowe
- "You come on like a dream, peaches and cream, lips like strawberry wine."
"You're Sixteen" Ringo Starr
- "On a morning from a Bogart movie, in a country where they turned back time."
"Year of the Cat" Al Stewart
- "Oh, they say, she died one winter - when there came a killing frost."
"Wildfire" Michael M. Murphy
- "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, baby - stop beating 'round the bush."
"Let's Get it On" Marvin Gaye
- "Stay with me while we grow old and we will live each day in the springtime."
"Lovin' You" Minnie Ruperton
- "He takes a ladder, steals the stars from the sky, puts on Sinatra and starts to cry."
"On and On" Steven Bishop
- "You are the sun, I am the moon, you are the words, I am the tune."
"Play Me" Neil Diamond
- "I got a color TV so I can see the Knicks play basketball."
"Rapper's Delight" Sugar Hill Gang
- "Give me the beat, boy and free my soul."
"Drift Away" Dobie Gray
- "Tonight I'm gonna break away, just you wait and see."
"Crazy Love" Poco
- "You left in the rain without closing the door. I didn't stand in your way."
"Just When I Needed..Most" Randy Van Warmer
- "And one thin dime won't even shine your shoes."
"On Broadway" George Benson
- "Riding out on a horse in a star-spangled rodeo."
"Rhinestone Cowboy" Glen Campbell
- "They don't give a damn about any trumpet-playing band."
"Sultans of Swing" Dire Straits
- "There ain't no good guy. There ain't no bad guy."
"We Just Disagree" Dave Mason
- "I'll bet a fiddle of gold against your soul 'cause I think I'm better than you."
"Devil Georgia" Charlie Daniels Band
- "When they said he was an only son, he thought he was the only one."
"Lonely Boy" Andrew Gold
- "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi."
"Lady Marmalade" Labelle
- "But, girl, don't they warn you. It pours -- MAN, it pours!!!
"It Never Rains..California" Albert Hammond
- "And I don't need no superstar, 'cause I'll accept you as you are."
"You Don't Have to be a Star" B. Davis/M. McCoo
- "How much does it cost? -- I'll buy it."
"Sunshine" Jonathan Edwards
- "There's no exception to the rule."
"Everybody Plays The Fool" Main Ingredient
- "They say you can't please everyone, so you have to please yourself."
"Garden Party" Rick Nelson
- "When the lights go down, I'm holding you so tight. Gotcha in my arms and its paradise "
"I Like Dreamin'" Kenny Nolan
- "So you think you're a romeo. Play a part in a picture show."
"Take the Long Way Home" Supertramp
- "So play, play for me a sad melody. So sad, that it makes everybody cry."
"Another Somebody..Song" BJ Thomas
- "Good morning, America, how are you? Said 'Don't you know me, I'm your native son.'"
"The City of New Orleans" Arlo Guthrie
- "Are we in love? Or just friends? Is this my beginning or is this the end?!"
"When Will I See You Again?" Three Degrees
Unfortunately this IS the end!!! I hope you enjoyed the challenge!!!
How did you do?:
- If you got all 211 right - You've been hanging around me too long.
- 161 - 210 - Very impressive, 70's "guru" -- you have disco balls and lava lamps in your bedroom.
- 111 - 160 - Nice job -- you own "Saturday Night Fever" and you are a 70's "guru-in-training".
- 61 - 110 - OK, but you spent most of your 70's free time watching "Brady Bunch" episodes instead of listening to AM radio!!!
- 11 - 60 - You need to get rid of all those Pearl Jam CD's!!!
- 0 - 10 - You are un-American!!!!!